Sign in to follow this  
Raffaello

Honestly, if you're not willing to rebuy Wii U games on Switch, you're not a true Nintendo fan.

Nintendo fans are used to rebuying games on newer platforms. I've repurchased the DKC trilogy probably 3 different times when all is said and done. I've repurchased OoT 4 times. I bought the Pikmin games on Wii along with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Why? Because I wanted the definitive version of each and every Nintendo game. Each "port" generally has an advantage. 

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is perhaps the best 2D platformer ever made along with Rayman Legends and Yoshi's Island as equals in its genre. Sure, Nintendo is charging full price for its Switch release. Sure, that's expensive. But in reality, it's worth every penny. The Wii U game did not support headphone support through the Gamepad for the awesome David Wise soundtrack. The Switch game is also fully portable. You're rebuying the Wii U version for $20 and getting a portable bonus for $30, with a $10 DLC in the Funky pack. 

I think there is a lot of shame being thrown around for Nintendo "porting" games to Switch when it's really not that bad. Mario Kart 8 became a full portable multiplayer experience. Same with all the other Nintendo ports. I'll say this: I have purchased every single Nintendo port ever made. I will likely do the same. I have no problem rebuying my entire Wii U collection so I can have all those games portable right on my Switch wherever I go. 

People who hate on Nintendo for porting Switch are not true Nintendo fans. To take it further, if you're not willing to buy these ports, I question your status as a Nintendo fan.

Posted (edited)

Fanboy much? I think that is Nintendo’s problem now. They rehash the same games over and over too much instead of releasing new content. Like Mario Kart 8. They should not be releasing it on the Switch. It should be Mario Kart 9 and have new stuff. Also, they seem to like charging a premium for really old games

Edited by michellebrown65